Monday, August 12, 2013

Classically Grungy

 I can see the pattern I'm making - one blog per month. Oh well, I guess that's how busy I am with acads, social life, theater, family, and etc to manage and to balance. But even with those things to manage and to balance, dressing up classically fun will never change! Anyways, let's proceed to my blog:

Philippines has a bipolar weather; sunny for a while, then rainy for another while, then sunny then rainy and so on and so forth. It's very inconvenient! But as a proud Filipino, I should and need to cope up with it. 


Do you know the feeling that it's rainy in the morning then you decided to wear a sweater or put some 2-3 layers of clothes on, then a few hours later it became sunny (or vise versa)?!!?! Ugh. I hate that feeling. I hate those moments! But living in the Philippines, you need to cope up with that. I experience those several times, and sometimes you just need to "tiis ganda" (a term Filipinos use meaning to endure the weather or difficulties to look good). (Photo Above: My signature pose! Haha)


One thing that I learned from those experiences of mine of tiis ganda is that grungy look is very much well suited for this kind of weather! A shirt plus button downs plus chinos or jeans plus shoes, that's all that you're going to need! 


If it's rainy, you can wear the button downs on with a simple t-shirt. That's 2 layers already! You will not get cold, well comparing on a person wearing just 1 layer. But what if it started to become sunny and hot? You can just tie you button down to your waist! Either look will still look good! Oh how convenient grungy look is!! Do you agree? YOU SHOULD!


Now for the details of my look, I'm wearing a swallows printed shirt from Stray by Roger Davids! It's a pastel yellow so it's good for a sunny/rainy weather! The button down I'm wearing is a Denim Button Down Shirt from Hang Ten! Convenience at it's finest!


For my pants, I'm wearing a pastel blue chinos from Stray by Roger Davids. It's a pastel color so it looks good on any weather! And for my shoes, a Jack London Canvas Boat Shoes, which by the way has a pastel color to hold this ensemble!


I just put some accessories on! All in my arms are from Factorie except the watch. The watch is a Vintage Casio Watch (ohhhh vintage!). Then around my neck is a triangular prism shaped necklace. It's also from Factorie! Triangular shaped accessories are so in right now, so you better grab one now! 


Now, to finish this blog post, is an awkward picture of me. I have an awkward smile, I don't know why :(( Anyway, for a day with an unpredictable weather, a grungy outfit will surely guide and ensure you a fashionable day - either a sunny day or a rainy day! Stay classically fun!

Photos by my beloved friend Sas Prieto-Sacro! Visit her blog (Just click her name)!

No comments :

Post a Comment